Friday, September 30, 2005

BROWNIE, YOU REALLY ARE A WEASEL, AREN’T YOU?

******************************************************************

Another one I’m done with is this character Mike
Brown. One might have a touch of sympathy for a guy
who, after all, was put in charge of an agency he knew
nothing about and had no experience in; one that the
Bush administration gutted and hated anyway; and faced
a uniquely large natural disaster; and on top of that,
has been made the scapegoat for everything from FEMA’s
natural limits to the loss national guard troops to
not breaching the levees to Bush’s cluelessness.

On the other hand, his testimony before Congress this
week stunned even Republicans with his gyrations into
total weaselness. There was no real apology, no real
acknowledgement of mistakes, no real suggestions on what to
do better.

Just remarks like this:

"My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday
that Louisiana was dysfunctional.”

And this:

"I very strongly personally regret that I was unable
to persuade Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin to sit down,
get over their differences, and work together. I just
couldn't pull that off."

As the kids say, give me a break. Bear in mind, the
man was under oath. This doesn’t even pass the laugh
test. This is the equivalent of saying, “I work too
hard” in a job interview.

No one buys the image of a desperate
Brown, begging Blanco and Nagin, not to be petty, to
get along, and save all the innocent people!

Blanco & Nagin are politicians in the same state, from
the same political party, and who frequently work
together. And Brown was gonna get them to work
together!

Let’s cut to the chase. Take it away, Chris:

"I'm happy you left. That kind of look in the lights
like a deer tells me you weren't capable of doing that
job."

-- Republican Congressman Christopher Shays

******************************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.