Wednesday, January 24, 2007

BOB CORKER UNPERSUADED ON SURGE; WILL OPPOSE RESOLUTION

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn) is speaking:

"I'm not persuaded that adding 21,000 troops is necessarily the right thing to do."

“I think there’s been many mistakes by the administration. More that you can imagine.”

“But I’m not going to support the resolution, because the one group of people who have been absolutely outstanding have been the men and women in uniform. I don’t believe it will affect the administration one iota. If I vote for this resolution I will be saying to them, next time I see them, ‘I oppose you being here, but thank you.’

"So I oppose the resolution because it’s non-binding. In essence we’re not taking action at all.”
*******************************************************************************

No comments: