Monday, August 01, 2005

Is Robert Novak Really George Costanza?

ROBERT NOVAK

“I have previously said that I never would have written those sentences if Harlow, then-CIA Director George Tenet or ANYBODY else from the agency HAD TOLD ME that Valerie Plame Wilson's disclosure would endanger herself or anybody.”

- Robert Novak, “The Washington Post”


GEORGE COSTANZA

The Boss:

“It has come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?”

George Costanza:

“Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I’ve got to plead ignorance on this thing, because if ANYONE HAD SAID ANYTHING TO ME AT ALL when I first started here, that that sort of thing was frowned upon… you know….cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you people do that all the time.”


It didn't work for George, either. He was fired.

No comments: