Wednesday, May 09, 2007

QUEEN DISSES BUSH

Associated Press:

"At one point in the South Lawn ceremony, Bush noted that the Queen has dined with 10 U.S. presidents and had helped the United States "celebrate its bicentennial in 1776.."

"Bush caught himself and corrected the date to 1976. This brought loud laughter from many in the invited audience of thousands."

"A chagrined Bush deadpanned that the queen just "gave me a look that only a mother could give a child."

The queen had the last laugh.

Dispensing with protocol briefly at the formal dinner she hosted for
President Bush, Queen Elizabeth II said, "I wonder whether I should start this toast by saying, 'When I was here in 1776.' "

Bush took it in stride, though, starting his toast by saying, "Your Majesty, I can't top that one."
*******************************************************************************

Someone finally bullied the bully. That must have stung.

No comments: