Monday, May 14, 2007

BLOGGERS TO MEDIA: WHY IS THERE FEAR BEHIND YOUR EYES?

Atrios, Digby and Ezra Klein have all addressed this Grubisich business pretty well.

I would only add that Grubisich and other cushioned, coddled and ensconsed writers panicking at contentious bloggers while proudly announcing their defiance of anonymous writers are beginning to remind me of the Prince played by Chris Sarandon in The Princess Bride.

Prince Humperdinck was constantly going around yammering "I would not say such things if I were you!" and insisting his fiancee's true love, Westley, is bluffing and lacks strength and that nothing is wrong in his kingdom and his wedding will proceed and his uncredentialed upstart archenemy is dead because he killed him himself.

And the Princess responds "Then why is there fear behind your eyes?"



*****************************************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Also I recommend you to read this post.