Friday, December 02, 2005

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

Bush, during a week-long visit to Asia, met with
Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi as they took
a morning tour of Kinkakuji, the revered Temple of the
Golden Pavilion in Kyoto.

Koizumi showed Bush, a devout Christian, how to bow in
prayer before an idol of the Buddha, said Raitei
Arima, the temple's head priest.

What did Bush say to the priest?

(A) “That Buddha’s cute, but kind of fat.”

(B) “We pray in America too, but to Jesus.”

(C) “I wonder if my socks have any holes.”

(D) “I didn’t know they had religion in China.”

(E) “Buddha – what religion is that?”

(F) “I’ll bet you could drill for oil under here.”



Answer: (C)


"What was most interesting was that Bush said, “I
wonder if my socks have any holes.”

And Laura said not to worry," the priest told the
reporters from newspapers all over the world.

No comments: